As some platforms like LinkedIn still allow you to change your link previews and change the image as per your requirements, you can do that within your SocialPilot dashboard as well.
So if you paste a link in the text box, a preview is generated where the image set in the link is automatically fetched. Now if you want to change the image and upload another image from your computer, you can do that by simply clicking on the camera icon on the image preview. And this post will be published as a link/text post.
1. Login to your SocialPilot dashboard.
2. Click Posts -> Create Posts.
3. Paste your content and link in the text box.
4. As you paste your link, a preview will be generated with the o.g image set.
5. Hover over the image and you’ll see a camera icon with the plus symbol on it.
6. Click on that, and you’ll be able to upload your own image.
This is how you change the image preview and still publish it as a text post.
Note: The uploading Image in the text/link post only applies to LinkedIn. For Facebook, Twitter and other social media networks, the post will be shared according to the open graph meta tag set on the URL you would use along with the post content.