Instagram works a bit differently compared to the scheduling of all other social media platforms. Instagram has a restricted API which doesn't allow any third party app like SocialPilot to post automatically or directly to it. You need to use its mobile app in order to add photos to your Instagram account.
So SocialPilot has come up with the push notifications and Insta reminders for you to schedule posts to Instagram. You'll receive the push notification for your post exactly on the time for when you have scheduled it for.
Let's see how to schedule posts for your Instagram account with SocialPilot!
- Login to your SocialPilot panel.
- Posts -> Create Post for your Instagram account.
- Click on the Camera icon to upload an image from your computer or to share an image with an image URL.
- Select your Instagram account and click on the Add to Queue button or use other scheduling options.
Note: Please make sure you are logged into your SocialPilot account on your mobile phone with the same account you created this post for priorly in order to receive notifications.
- You 'll receive the push notification on your phone on the time you scheduled it for.
Note: Please make sure you have all the notifications on for SocialPilot in your app settings on your phone. Also, make sure you are logged into the correct Instagram account priorly.
- As you receive the push notification, please click on Share button.
The iOS APP notification should look like Following Image, Just click on the notification.
- You'll be lead to the SocialPilot app with your post. Please click on the Open in Instagram button to share to your Instagram account ( That's why you need to make sure you are logged in to the correct Instagram account priorly)
- As you click on the Open in Instagram button, a pop-up window will be open stating where you be sure you are logged into the correct Instagram account. Click on the YES, I AM button.
- As you click on the YES, I AM button the post description you had written will be copied to the clipboard automatically.
Note: The content is not automatically displayed in the caption area at your Instagram account, so we copy your post content on the clipboard and then use paste button to get the content in the caption area.
- Now will be led to your Instagram account automatically where if you want to edit your image you can do that with the Instagram image editor and click on the Next arrow on the top right corner.
- Here you see, your image is there but not the caption?
Don't freak out! You don't need to re-write the caption. Remember, we automatically copied your post content to the clipboard? Yes! Long press on the caption text box and the Paste button will pop.
- Click on Paste and your content will be there. Click on the Share button to share your scheduled Instagram post.
You have successfully shared your post on Instagram with SocialPilot's Instagram scheduling.
Note: If you miss the push notification, or you have cleared your notification tab by mistake, don't worry. You'll have the post ready in your SocialPilot App. Click on the sidebar and tap Insta Notifications. You'll find your missed push notification post under the INSTA SCHEDULED POSTS tab and click on Share on the Instagram button to share your post.