With our custom FB Branding feature, you can share your posts on Facebook with your own brand name, instead of the SocialPilot tool name. You can create these different apps from the developer’s page on Facebook. Then add the App ID and App secret key to connect these accounts to SocialPilot.
We divide this section into two parts:
Section 1- To create an App on Facebook
Section 2- Connect the Facebook App to your SocialPilot account
To create an App on Facebook:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on Setting -> select Developers.
- If you are not registered as a developer, register as a developer. Click Get Started on the top right corner.
- Complete the 3-step process.
- You are all set! Now Click on Create App Id button from the pop-up.
- A popup window appears. Enter the fields: Display name and Contact Email.
- Click on Create App ID
- You'll be asked for the security check. Please fill in the text in the box and click on the Submit button.
Note: If you are registered as a developer already just, start creating your Facebook App. Click My apps -> Add a new App
- Your app is created.
Connect the Facebook App with your SocialPilot account.
- Click on Setting -> Basic setting from the sidebar menu, on Facebook.
- A page appears. Enter details: App domain & Contact email. (the app domain doesn't include "https://")
- Click on +Add platform -> Select Website.
- A new block with the heading Website appears. Enter domain name in Site URL fields ( For eg: https://myawesomeapp.com)
- Click on Save changes button.
- Click on App Review menu option from the sidebar.
- Change Your app is in development and unavailable to the public from No to 'Yes'.
- Choose the category you want your app to fall in and click on the Confirm button to make your app live.
- Now, Click on Add product from the sidebar menu.
- The product setup page appears. Click on Set Up from Facebook Login
- Choose a platform on which you want the app to be. Select the Web icon.
- Your site URL will be displayed. Click on Save Button and then Continue
- Accept all other permissions clicking the Next button going down and click on the Back button.
- Click on Settings under Facebook Login in the side panel.
- Set Use Strict Mode for Redirect URIs to "NO" and click on Save Changes button
- In the field, Valid OAuth redirects URIs under Client OAuth Settings block, Enter https://panel.socialpilot.co.
- Now, click on Dashboard. We need the App ID and the App Secret from this window.
- Click on Show to view the App Secret. A popup window appears.
- Re-enter your Facebook password. Click Submit.
- You can now view your App secret. Note it down as we require it later.
- Login to SocialPilot panel.
- Click on Accounts -> Custom FB Branding from the sidebar menu.
- A page appears. Click on Add Facebook App button.
- A Facebook Configure Application pop-up window appears.
- Fill in the App ID and App secret fields. Click Add Facebook App button. Your Facebook App is now added to SocialPilot.
- Authenticate your social media profiles with your App. If you have already added your facebook page remove it from the Manage account page.
- Click Account -> Connect account from the sidebar menu.
- Click on Connect a page/profile/group (For which ever you want Facebook Branding for)
- For eg. let's connect a page here.
- Select the Facebook App you created from the Facebook drop down menu.
- It will take you to Facebook for authentication. Log in with the same account that you used for creating the App.
- Once successfully logged in, click 'ok' on all popup windows that appear. Clicking 'ok' ensures that we have an access to publishing on all your accounts. Ignore all the red boxes that appear in the popup.
- Once the authentication is successful, you will be redirected back to SocialPilot’s Connect Account page.
- You will find a list of all pages where you are an admin. Select pages you want to post and click Save and Set up schedule.
- From the Manage Schedule section, select the days and time slots you want to add your schedules to and click on Set this Schedule button.
You have connected your Facebook pages with your Custom Facebook app! Now all your posts will bear your brand name while posting on Facebook.